Is Co-Managed IT a good fit for my organization?
In general, most companies with 30-50 employees or more choose to either hire an in-house IT expert or a team of experts, or they outsource the role of technology management to an IT vendor. While these approaches are very common, an emerging hybrid approach called “co-managed IT” offers a number of distinct advantages.
This new approach provides companies that have in-house IT staff to supplement their resources with outside expertise. Both teams work hand-in-hand with one another with the goal of providing a superior business outcome for the company. A few common scenarios in which companies select a co-managed IT approach include:
– The company’s in-house IT staff is dedicated to high-level IT projects and strategic initiatives, and needs additional support for the day-to-day tasks such as troubleshooting, desktop support, helpdesk services, patch management, data backup, monitoring, etc.
– The company’s in-house IT staff is capable of handling all of the day-to-day tasks, but requires recommendations regarding the organization’s overall IT strategy.
– The company begins to grow rapidly and needs to scale up its IT resources to support the growth.
– The company has limited IT staff and requires on-call resources to cover during vacations, attrition, or seasonal needs.
– The company has a well-developed in-house IT staff at their corporate headquarters but needs a reliable solution for their remote branch locations.
Key benefits of a co-managed IT solution include:
– Enhanced productivity: With a co-managed IT approach, IT support is available 24/7, even if your in-house IT staff is on vacation or taking sick leave. This new capability offers the company improved responsiveness and reduced downtime while increasing productivity and morale.
– Lower costs: Since most co-managed IT solutions are provided for a fixed monthly fee, they offer companies more predictability regarding their IT expenses along with lower overall IT costs and overhead.
– Wide array of expertise: With co-managed IT, you not only gain access to one technical resource with a particular skill set, but instead have access to a vast network of skilled IT professionals and subject matter experts.
– Improved security: A key benefit of co-managed IT is the provider’s access to the latest technology, training, and IT best practices. This reduces the burden of your in-house IT staff and ensures your company has the best protection available.
The ZTS Co-Managed IT Solution is designed to support companies that have an IT department but are seeking assistance in one or more of the areas above. The solution provides access to our 24/7/365 Service Desk, enterprise level monitoring and management tools, and other required services. The tools provided include a portal for ticket entry, proactive monitoring software, customized reports, and asset management. The services provided include scheduled routine business reviews, hardware life-cycle forecasting and replacement, strategic IT budget planning, vendor management, and other consulting services, as required.
Would you like to learn more? Contact us by email at email@example.com or give us a call at (888) 315-9387.